Welcome to CSDU
Where U can learn how to harness cheminformatics and data insights from the CSD to use in your work.
Here you can learn about:
- The Cambridge Structural Database
- CCDC software
- How cheminformatics and structural chemistry can be applied to problems in the discovery and development of new molecules and materials.
Who can use CSDU?
Everybody! From beginners to advanced users, we hope to grow the CSDU collection to cover a wide range of applications.
Note: you will need a licence to complete the "try it yourself" exercises. Ask your site administrator, or contact our team here if you need to request a licence.
How does CSDU work?
Choose a module below, and work through the steps shown. Modules are fully on-demand, so you can work at your own pace.
All modules follow the basic format:
- U Watch - get context and see examples from our tutors in an online video.
- U Try - work through the example yourself, following the worksheet.
- U Test - check your knowledge in an online quiz, and get your certificate of completion by email.
We're regularly adding more modules - register for our newsletter so you don't miss new releases.
More modules under development
Reply to our newsletter to let us know what modules you would like to see next...
Register for our newsletter