The executables supplied with the 2020 release, are supported on the following platforms and operating systems:
- Windows - Intel compatible, 64-bit executables for:
- Linux - Intel compatible, 64-bit:
- RedHat Enterprise 7 and 8
- CentOS 7 and 8
Note: As we add support for newer versions of Linux, support for older versions may have to be withdrawn.
- Mac Intel compatible 64-bit executables for:
- macOS 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15
If you choose to use a version other than those listed above we cannot guarantee that components of the CSD-System will work correctly, although we will attempt to assist you with any problems you may encounter.
As detailed with the 2019 CSDS release, 32-bit Windows executables are no longer available. With this and all future releases executables will be supported on 64-bit only and will not be compatible with 32-bit operating systems. If you only have access to 32-bit Windows systems and need to continue accessing the older 2019 software which is 32-bit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cqbatch and mogulbatch command line utilities are now deprecated - while these still remain a part of the CSD System software during 2020, their use is no longer be recommended, and we would instead encourage switching to use of the CSD Python API. We anticipate that cqbatch will be removed entirely in the 2021 release
It is anticipated that support for Windows 7 will be withdrawn starting with the November 2020 release.
Note that some programs that comprise the CSD software may not be available on all of the operating systems listed above. This includes:
In addition to the requirement of one of the supported platforms detailed above, the CSD-System software suites also have the following hardware requirements:
- Disk Space:
- CSD-System software and data, 17 GB (3 GB software, 14 GB data).
- CSD-CrossMiner software and data, 6 GB (300 MB software, 5.7 GB data)
- Minimum recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card and drivers that support OpenGL version 2 (see this support database entry for more details)
The above supported platforms and system requirements, taken together, form the minimum recommended specification for any system that is planned to be used for a CSD-System software install.
Graphics System Requirements
Products with 3D graphical display functionality are supported only on graphics cards and chipsets that have up to date installers and are still in support from the graphics system manufacturers. The graphics drivers in use should support OpenGL 2.1.
Recommended Specification for Improved Performance
The CSD-System software suite is varied in terms of the types of action each software component will perform. There are thus several areas of a computer system where improved specification of a particular hardware component will improve performance of the CSD-System software:
- CPU: Improves any aspect of the software that is carrying out calculations, for example a GOLD docking
- Disk Access Speed: The greatest performance increase will be seen in any aspect of the software that requires access to large data files, such as ConQuest database searches
- RAM: Increased RAM over 8 GB will help when either looking at large datasets or large complex structures, or else when using multiple CSD-System programs at the same time
- GPU: A dedicated modern GPU graphics card, such as those available from NVidia or AMD, will improve performance when visualising large complex structures or large packing diagrams